Monday, June 23, 2008

Back From Beijing

I had my first actual conversation in Chinese on the way back from the Shanghai airport yesterday. The taxi driver just wanted to know where I was from, what places I was visiting and how long I was going to be around. He expressed wonderment that I was smaller than other Americans that he'd met and I didn't have anything to say to that but agree. He replied, "That's fine, Tom Cruise is small too I think."
I doubt I'll have much time to update until Sunday but I did upload a kajillion pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rick. Once again I checked back on your image. I see a lot of pictures. Thanks for sharing. Although I am Chinese, but I have never been to the Great Wall. I love the pictures you took. Especialy the birds and little insects. So wonderful. Enjoy there. By the way, I am Jenny from your mom's school.

Anonymous said...

yo rick, your mom just sent me the link to the blog. i had lost it (along with shit load of email) from before. gonna print it out and catch up. looks like you had a great time.

btw, i asked her how many illegitamate asian grand kids she's going to have.